Schedule of Events
Updated July 11. Please note this schedule is subject to change!
Friday, July 13
Hood River Event Site – Portway Avenue, Hood River, 97031
- 10 am - 5 pm: Kickoff Kite Demo - Kite brands Slingshot, Airush, Naish, CORE, Cabrinha, and WOO Sports will be demoing kites and gear for your riding pleasure from the event site! Only demo participants will be able to launch & land from the event site, and wristbands for the demo will be enforced for this privilege!
- 4-6:00 pm: Athlete Check-in & Registration
- 4-6:00 pm: Athlete & Volunteer Waterfront Dinner, by Apple Valley BBQ and Ahi's Ohana Catering. FREE for registered athletes and confirmed volunteers, $15 per person for general public
The Ruins KB4C Kickoff Party
- 7:00 - 10:00 pm – Full Sail Brewing KB4C Kickoff Party
If there was one party to be at this weekend, this is it. We'll have local favorites Ten30 playing, Rubber Ducky Race tickets, and the big Kickoff Party Raffle!
- Raffle #1 - Athletes who checked in on Friday get a FREE raffle ticket!
- Raffle #2 - Attendees to the Kickoff Party all receive a FREE raffle ticket just for paying their $2 at the door!
- Raffle #3 - You can buy as many tickets for the big GRAND PRIZE! A trip for two to Brazil courtesy of Vela Resorts!
Saturday, July 14th
- 7:30-9:00 am: Athlete Registration for Kite Derby Endurance Race
- 9:30 am: Kite Derby Rider’s Meeting
- 10:15 am: en Taiko Drummer Group – Race start, not to be missed!
- 10:30 am: Kite Derby Endurance Race Start
- 11:00 am: Silent Auction opens
- 11:30 am: Full Sail Brewing Beer Garden opens
- 12-2:00 pm: Athlete lunch, round one served in athlete lounge by Chef Mark Whitehead, aka “Ahi” at Camp Koru. Registered athletes only - use your wristband tearaway-tab for entry.
- Live Music:
- 10:15-11:30 – Taiko Drummers
- 12:15 – 1:15pm – Bonneville Power Trio
- 2 – 3:30pm – The Green Room
- 4:15-5:45pm – Farnell Newton
- 1:00 pm: Rubber Ducky Derby
- 4:30-5:30 pm: Kite Derby Endurance Race, estimated finish
- 4:30-6:00 pm: Late athlete lunch served in athlete lounge by Ahi
- 5:45 pm: Silent Auction Closes
- 6:15 -8:00 pm: Silent & Live Auction Checkout at Registration
- 6:00 pm : Fundraising Awards announced
- 6:15 pm: Boards of Hope & Live Auction
- 7:30 pm: Kite Derby Race Awards
- 8:00 pm: Estimated Finish
Sunday, July 15th
- 9:00-10:00 am – A Very Special Waterfront Yoga Class at the Event Site, benefitting Lora Munn, local yoga instructor & recently diagnosed with cancer.
- 10:30 - Noon: Sunday Events Registration
- Noon: Never-Ever-Kiteboarded-Before Race (for Pro / experienced and complete beginner kiters!).
Sign up at the Registration tent.
- Noon - Raffle Display & Ticket Sales
- 1:30-4:00 pm: Raffle winners pulled & announced every 30 minutes!
- 4:30 pm: Estimated Event Close