- You don't have to race the full 6 hours of the kite derby by yourself!
- Your team members will help feed and hydrate you throughout the day to make sure you are at top race performance!
- When fundraising as a team, you achieve so much more impact!
- Your team members will help cheer you on as you bid for that Fletcher Chouinard surfboard in the live auction!
- You get to hang out for a weekend, do something great collectively, while getting to know your 3 buddies real well!
I fundraised as an individual but I want to race with a team? How do I do that?
- If you met the $500 fundraising minimum and are joining an already existing team:
- The team captain of the existing team needs to confirm you are joining them. (Ideally you come to the registration tent together). If you've already been given your race jersey, you'll need to bring that back as well, and we'll add you to the team. Your new team captain will have your team race jersey!
- If you met the $500 fundraising minimum and are building a new team:
- Let us know by coming up to the registration tent and sharing your team name and the names of your expected teammates. Then, bring/send your new teammates to the New Registration line at the registration tent to pay their race fee and get their swag. If you're not with them, make sure they know your team name.
- If you did not meet the $500 fundraising minimum and are joining an existing team:
- You have up until Thursday (7/13) to hit the minimum or donate to your own page to make the minimum. By Friday (7/14) if the minimum is not met, you'll need to stop by the Not Confirmed section of the Registration Tent to pay the race fee. The team captain of the team you want to join needs to confirm you as a teammate.
- If you did not meet the $500 fundraising minimum and are building a new team:
- You have up until Thursday (7/13) to hit the minimum or donate to your own page to make the minimum. By Friday (7/14) if the minimum is not met, you'll need to stop by the Not Confirmed section of the Registration Tent to pay the race fee. Then, bring/send your new teammates to the New Registration line at the registration tent to pay their race fee (unless they fundraised and met the $500 minimum) and get their swag. If you're not with them, make sure they know your team name.
We have a fundraising team. How do we register to race as a team as well?
- You already are!
We have two people fundraising as individuals and two people who don't want to fundraise but still want to be on our team. How do we all register as a team?
- Fundraisers who met the $500 individual minimum should go to the Confirmed line at the Registration Tent. You'll get your swag and be on your way! If the other two joined your fundraising team, but did not actually fundraise, they will need to go to the Not Confirmed line at the Registration Tent. There, they'll pay their race fee, get their swag, and be on their way.
How many people can be on a team?
- There can be a maximum of four racers per team.
How much does it cost to race as a team?
- The team race fee is $500. This can be broken down individually, or paid by one person. If you're breaking it down individually the prices are:
- $125/per person for a team of 4
- $166/per person for a team of 3
- $250/per person for a team of 2
Whats the deal with the race jerseys?
- Each team gets one jersey. The jersey will be given to the team captain when s/he picks up their stuff at the Registration Tent. Jerseys need to be returned at the end of the kite derby.
Is there a prize for Best Team Costume?
- Why yes there is!! Best Team Costume gets a team gift certificate to Full Sail Brewing!
So you want to race at Kiteboard 4 Cancer but you would rather do it on a team! Or, maybe you are a team looking to recruit team members! Here's where you start! Add comments below, preferably in this format:
- Your name.
- Looking for a team to join or team members.
- From: _________
- Have been kiting for _____ years.
- This is my ____ year at Kiteboard 4 Cancer.
- How to reach me: (cryptic email or phone #, FB page, or other) Five Four 1-123 Four